View Comments The 2016 lineup for Lincoln Center’s American Songbook series features a host of Broadway power couples, an EGOT-er and off-Broadway favorites. Tony nominees and husband and wife Andy Karl and Orfeh will headline a show together, as will Jerry Dixon and Mario Cantone. Among the additional performers set to make appearances are Vanessa Williams, Rita Moreno and Liz Callaway.Williams will head to the Appel Room on January 20, following a January 19 opening night (featuring a to be announced artist) for the series. Emmy, Grammy, Oscar and Tony winner Moreno will present her show on January 23.Valentine’s Day 2016 will be flanked by two pairs of married performers: Dixon and Cantone—who will appear together in off-Broadway’s Steve beginning November 3—will perform on February 6, and Karl and Orfeh will play the Appel room on February 20.Additionally, Busch will share tales and tunes on February 26, Callaway will pay tribute to Richard Maltby Jr. and David Shire (whose show Baby landed her a Tony nomination) on March 30 and off-Broadway performer Grace McLean will have her own solo show on April 1 in the Stanley H. Kaplan Penthouse.The 2016 season will also include Loudon Wainwright III, Todd Almondd and Courtney Love, Janis Ian, Foreigner, Laura Jane Grace and Imani Uzuri.
“But the football is also played at a higher tempo and I think this will benefit me.” Villas-Boas declared that he was happy with how Soldado had settled into the club last Saturday after seeing the Spaniard impress during his first run out at White Hart Lane. The 28-year-old’s movement caused the Espanyol defence problems and he also had enough confidence to volunteer for, and score, a penalty. The player himself has settled into London life well, even though he admits his “best friend” since moving has been his satellite navigation system because of the traffic in the capital. “I feel good,” Soldado added. “The welcome I have received from the club, the staff and all the fans has been phenomenal. “It was very special to play my first game in our home ground, and to score a goal was a very strong emotion for me. Making the supporters happy is the most beautiful thing to do and I hope to do that again this weekend and for many more times in the future. “I felt really good from the moment I arrived here. I can’t wait to start official competition now and start helping Tottenham win, which is what we all want.” Spurs paid £26million to land Soldado from Valencia, eclipsing the £17million they shelled out for Brazil midfielder Paulinho earlier in the window. On paper it is easy to see why the north London club agreed to pay such a hefty sum for a striker who will be 29 years old not long after the season’s end. Soldado scored more than 20 goals in each of his three seasons at Valencia, and his track record at Osasuna, Getafe, and Real Madrid is also impressive. Other than Gareth Bale, who looks likely to leave Spurs in the next two weeks, Andre Villas-Boas’ attackers failed to live up to their potential last term – and that is where Soldado hopes he can help out. “I have tried to score (20 goals a season) and every time I have done it,” said Soldado, who was speaking at the unveiling of Tottenham’s new cup shirt sponsor AIA. “This season I am going to try my best from the first day to get back to scoring because they signed me because of this reason. My objective is to score more than 20 goals. With the help of my team-mates I can do it.” Soldado scored 30 goals in all competitions for Valencia last season. No Tottenham player has reached that landmark since Gary Lineker scored 35 goals in the 1991-92 season. Adapting to a different league, especially after missing out on the majority of the club’s pre-season programme, will be difficult, of course, but Soldado is sure that he can do it. “The Premier League is a much more physically strong league than Spain,” said Soldado, who has scored six goals in 11 international games for Spain. Press Association Tottenham smashed their transfer record to sign Roberto Soldado last week – and now he wants to repay them by scoring 20 goals this season.
A marine unit will be at the park on Sunday to prevent boaters from being turned away from Peanut Island and crowds docking in West Palm Beach.Further north, in Jupiter, boat ramps have been closed to recreational use and only commercially-licensed vessels are allowed to launch.In addition, sandbars in the town are closed in order to prevent people from congregating in large groups and contributing to the spread of COVID-19. Palm Beach County officials are ordering the closure of some boat camps, in an effort to encourage the practice of social distancing to fight the coronavirus pandemic.On Sunday, County Mayor Dave Kerner and the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office ordered the city of Lake Worth Beach to close the Bryant Park Boat Ramp until further notice.Access will continue to be provided for those who are currently on the water to return, although no other vehicles will be allowed to launch.Meanwhile, the West Palm Beach Police Department has announced that the Currie Park Boat Ramp is closed to all but commercial fishing.The Currie Park boat ramp is closed to all but commercial fishing. A marine unit will be at the park to prevent boaters from being turned away from Peanut Island and crowds docking in West Palm Beach. #stopthespread #CoronaPandemic #WestPalmBeach pic.twitter.com/vRspewZqOi— West Palm Beach PD (@WestPalmPD) March 22, 2020