Charges Dropped Against Man Accused of Threatening Trump, Broward

first_imgFederal and state charges have been dropped against a Broward County man who was accused of threatening to kill President Trump and blow up Broward County on Facebook Live.Chauncy Lump says, “I’m not a monster, I don’t have any record.”After spending 32 days in jail, the 26-year-old is now trying to clear his name and rebuild.“On the video, I never threatened the President at all,” Lump explains.The criminal complaint, which was released last month, says that Lump threatened in a Facebook Live video called “BlackMan vs. America, “He killed my leader and I have to kill him. I am ready for Donald.”Investigators said at the time that he was responding to the killing of Iranian general Qassem Soleimani. The complaint continues that Lump also said, “I need to find the Donald, because if I don’t find him, I am going to have to blow up Broward County.”Lump clarifies, “I actually got the skit from a comedian named Desi Banks, which is a famous comedian on Instagram.”He tells our news partner, WPTV NewsChannel 5, that he is also a comedian and was reenacting Banks’ skit with a turban on his head and white cream on his face while wearing a shower curtain.Former Secret Service agent Tim Miller says, “In today’s world, especially the Secret Service is going to take any threat seriously. They’re going to investigate it and determine whether this person is a direct threat to the President.”Lump lost his job and was forced out of his apartment after he was charged.He says, “Now I’m going to be more careful of things I do and things I say, but at the end of the day we have freedom of speech and if I’m not being harmful or threatening anybody I shouldn’t have to go through things like this.”In addition, he explains that he plans to file a civil lawsuit against the Broward County Sheriff’s Office.Broward Man Accused of Threatening to Kill President Trump Denied Bondlast_img read more

Moses, Balogun, Mane Make Africa’s Russia 2018 Qualifiers Overall Best XI

first_imgMoses, who has been shortlisted for the African Player of the Year award, will miss the Eagles’ final World Cup qualifying clash against Algeria in Constantine today due to injury.On his part, Balogun is expected to be in action for the Eagles.Other players who made the list include; Egypt’s duo of Mohamed Salah and Ahmed Hegazy, Ivory Coast’s Serge Aurier, Youseef Msakni and Aly Maaloul of Tunisia, Mbark Boussoufa and Khalid Boutaib both from Morocco.Also in the list are Senegal’s Sadio Mane and Uganda’s Dennis Onyango.Nigeria and Egypt are the only two countries who have already qualified for the 2018 World Cup.2018 WORLD CUP QUALIFYING BEST ELEVEN GOALKEEPERDennis Onyango (Uganda)DEFENDERSLeon Balogun (Nigeria)Serge Aurier (Cote d’Ivoire)Ahmed Hegazy (Egypt)Aly Maaloul (Tunisia)MIDFIELDERSVictor Moses (Nigeria)Sadio Mane (Senegal)Youssef Msakni (Tunisia)Mbark Boussoufa (Morocco)FORWARDSKhalid Boutaib (Morocco)Mohamed Salah (Egypt)Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram Super Eagles pair of Victor Moses and Leon Balogun have been included in the Confederation of Africa Football (CAF) overall best eleven of the FIFA 2018 World Cup qualifiers.CAF made the announcement on their verified Twitter handle on Thursday.The CAF XI is deployed in a 4-4-2 formation with Balogun one of the centre-backs and Moses as the right winger.Like Nigeria, Egypt, Morocco and Tunisia also have two players in the selection, while Uganda, Senegal and Cote d’Ivoire have one each.Both Moses and Balogun were instrumental in the Super Eagles qualifying for the 2018 World Cup in Russia as the side won four of their five African qualifying Group B matches.last_img read more