Wayne Rooney believes the criticism directed at him for the lack of goals for Manchester United is unwarranted and is confident he will soon rediscover his scoring touch.The England striker has drawn a blank in each of United’s three games against Tottenham Hotspur, Aston Villa and Club Bruges, despite being deployed as a central striker by manager Louis Van Gaal.Rooney has not found the back of the net in eight Premier League games for his club, and last scored in their 3-1 win over Aston Villa on April 12.The striker said it is just a matter of time before he starts scoring again. “It’s early on in the season — we’re just three games in. I’ve experienced this criticism before and the goals will come, I know that,” the 29-year-old said.”I understand I have to be the one who’s going to lead that line for us and try and find the goals for us,” the England captain added.”My mind is clear. I know how to play the role. “It’s just a case of getting the chances and taking them, which I’m hopefully going to do soon,” Rooney, who notched 12 Premier League goals last season from a slightly deeper position, said. The striker was also unhappy with the criticism over his recent performances.”I’ve had one bad game this season and everyone’s all over it. I’ve had that throughout my career but hopefully at the weekend I can get off the mark,” he said. “I’m an honest guy. I know when I don’t play well and against Aston Villa I was below my standards.”–Follow Joy Sports on Twitter: @Joy997FM. Our hashtag is #JoySports
Noah was also suspended for 20 games after violating the NBA’s drug policy in March 2017.“A lot definitely happened in New York, a lot of frustration on both sides,” Noah said, via The Athletic. “I still love New York. I have nothing bad to say. Things happened. Right now, I just want to focus on this new chapter in my life and this organization.”The Grizzlies will face the Pelicans in New Orleans on Friday. “I’m just happy that coach believes in me, put me in the game like that,” Noah said. “It means a lot to me. With that said, I’m taking none of these moments for granted. Because all this time made me realize how much I love basketball.”Noah signed a four-year, $72 million contract with the Knicks in 2016. But, he saw action in just seven games for New York last season, totaling 40 minutes, and left the team in late January after a dispute with then-coach Jeff Hornacek. “I’m here because I love to play basketball,” Noah said (via the Memphis Commercial Appeal). “It wasn’t because of money. It wasn’t because of any of those things. It was because I want to play basketball and I want to be with a good group. … I’m cherishing all these moments.”Noah tallied four points and three rebounds in 13 minutes against Los Angeles. He said it was “a blessing” to be with the Grizzlies. Related News NBA free agency news: Grizzlies sign Joakim Noah for rest of season Joakim Noah is happy to be back in the NBA.The 33-year-old center signed a one-year, veteran’s minimum deal with the Grizzlies earlier this week after being released by the Knicks in mid-October. Noah discussed his return to the league Wednesday after Memphis’ 96-86 win over the Clippers.
Formula 2 driver Anthoine Hubert has been killed in a crash at the Belgian Grand Prix, motorsport’s governing body the FIA has said.The Frenchman, who was 22, suffered a huge impact from the car of American Juan Manuel Correa at about 170mph at the Raidillon swerves.An FIA statement said that Hubert was taken to the medical centre after the incident, and died at 18:35 local time.Correa is in intensive care, but his condition is stable, after surgery.The 20-year-old suffered fractures to both his legs and a “minor spinal injury” in the crash and was taken to hospital by helicopter.“Juan Manuel remained conscious the entire time until his admission to the operating room,” a statement said. The race was stopped after the crash and cancelled within a few minutes when the potential seriousness of the accident became clear.Formula 2 have announced that Sunday’s sprint race at Spa has been cancelled “out of respect”, while the Formula 3 race will go ahead.Hubert, who drove for the BWT Arden team, was lying eighth in the championship and had scored two wins this season, in Monaco and France.
Cody Bellinger homer gives Dodgers their first walkoff win of season How Dodgers pitcher Ross Stripling topped the baseball podcast empire Fire danger is on Dave Roberts’ mind as Dodgers head to San Francisco Dodgers hit seven home runs, sweep Colorado Rockies Dodgers’ Max Muncy trying to work his way out of slow start Garlick will need to be selected to the Dodgers’ 40-man roster. The Dodgers have two vacancies, so no corresponding 40-man roster move will be required. None of these transactions are expected to become official until Friday.Pitcher Caleb Ferguson was officially reinstated from the 10-day IL on Thursday and will take Maeda’s place on the 25-man roster. The team optioned pitcher J.T. Chargois and catcher Rocky Gale to Triple-A Oklahoma City to make room for Beaty and Garlick.Ferguson missed the last 16 games with a strained oblique. The left-hander made two rehab appearances, one with advanced Class-A Rancho Cucamonga and one with Oklahoma City. He’s 0-1 with a 3.46 ERA in 14 games (one start) this season.Staff Writer Bill Plunkett contributed to this report.Related Articles The Dodgers are planning to recall utility player Matt Beaty and outfielder Kyle Garlick from Triple-A Oklahoma City prior to Friday’s game against the Cincinnati Reds. It will be the second major-league call-up for Beaty and the first for Garlick, a 28th-round draft pick out of Cal Poly Pomona in 2015.In a corresponding move, pitcher Kenta Maeda will be placed on the 10-day injured list retroactive to Thursday. Maeda hit a ball off his thigh in his final at-bat in Wednesday’s game against the San Diego Padres. Maeda completed his at-bat against Phil Maton, grounding out, then pitched to two more batters in the seventh inning.Beaty, 26, went 2 for 3 as a pinch-hitter in a three-game cameo with the Dodgers in San Francisco two weeks ago. He was hitting .299 in 28 games with Oklahoma City. A left-handed hitter, Beaty was added to the Dodgers’ 40-man roster last November.Garlick, 27, was hitting .280 with 10 home runs and 20 RBIs in 35 games at Triple-A. The former Chino Hills High standout bats right-handed, and was leading Oklahoma City with a 1.002 on-base plus slugging percentage (OPS). Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Error
MORE: Watch ‘ChangeUp,’ a new MLB live whiparound show on DAZNThe Lakewood Police offered more details about the incident on their Facebook page:On Saturday, June 15th LPD was called to the baseball fields at Westgate Elementary for reports of a large fight during a youth baseball game. These coaches and parents, unhappy with a baseball game involving 7 year olds and a 13-year-old umpire, took over the field and began assaulting each other. We’re looking for any information on this melee, but in particular the identity of the suspect in the white shirt and teal shorts. Several people have already been cited in this fight and several injuries were reported.”I think the saddest part in all of this is we’re talking about a 7-year-old baseball game,” police spokesman John Romero said, via Fox 31. “I think it’s the parents who have to grow up.” Fox 31 also reports there was “one seriously” injured person as a result of the brawl. “It’s something that people are gawking at and there’s shock value, but its serious serious things that happened during a youth baseball game,” Romero said, via CBS Denver.CBS Denver reports four different people have been cited for disorderly conduct and fighting in public. Around 15-20 parents engaged in an all-out brawl at a youth baseball game in Lakewood, Colo. earlier this week, according to police.The baseball game was being played by a group of 7-year-old children. A 13-year-old umpire apparently made a call one of the parents didn’t like, and it escalated into a fight between other parents in attendance.
After a short break caused by the rain, the first cycle of the skiing school was continued on Monday, in the Ski-Center ”Rostovo” near Bugojno. Twenty girls and boys attend this school under the supervision of instructors of the Union of pedagogues of physical and health education Esad Begović and Almir Bašić. The manager of the Sports- recreational center ”Rostovo” Rusmir Kurbegović said that a lot of skiers from Dalmatia and other parts of Croatia are enjoying their time at this ski- center.” Thanks to the amounts of snow, the trails have around 20 centimeters of snow, and the conditions for skiing are perfect. Two ski lifts SIDRO are in function, with a capacity of 1.500 skiers per hour. Ticket prizes are decent and in comparison to other ski centers in our country, they are 30 to 40% lower.”- said Kurbegović.