A 23-year-old man was killed on Thursday evening at Uitvlugt, West Coast of Demerara (WCD), after a hit-and-run accident which severed one of his legs.Dead is Chapil Dave Kumar of Lot 5 Bush Wine, Leonora, WCD.Reports are that the incident occurred at about 22:30h.Guyana Times was told Kumar was standing on the southern side of the Uitvlugt Public Road waiting to cross the road when a motorcar that was proceeding West along the southern carriageway struck him.His lifeless body was picked up and rushed to the Leonora Cottage Hospital by public spirited persons, but he was pronounced dead on arrival. His body was taken to the Ezekiel Funeral Home where a post-mortem examination is scheduled to be conducted on Monday.Speaking with Guyana Times on Friday, the dead man’s sister, Sariyana Kumar, said her brother and his wife had left home to purchase food earlier that evening. After leaving the restaurant, Kumar was standing on the road where he was struck. His wife did not sustain any injuries.“He and his wife left home to buy a Chinese food at the restaurant in Uitvlugt and they just walk out of the restaurant and then the car hit him. I got the call at 11 ‘o’ clock direct.” According to her, the family was told that it was a white car that struck her brother. She added that her brother was severely injured since he was dragged some distance away causing one of his legs to be severed. The woman was devastated at the fact that the driver had shown no remorse for Kumar, as she said, “He just kept driving.”Sariyana Kumar noted that family members are desperately trying to find out who is responsible for her brother’s death. CCTV footage from neighbouring businesses have since been requested. The father of a three-year-old was planning to celebrate his 24th birthday today and he and his wife are expecting another child.
The sexual allegations brought against Deputy Chief Executive Officer (DCEO) of the Cheddi Jagan International Airport (CJIA), Timehri, Andre Kellman, were dropped on Tuesday after the victim refused to present evidence in the matter.Andre KellmanThe matter was called before Principal Magistrate Faith McGusty but the ex-worker at CJIA informed the court that she does not wish to proceed with the matter and as such, would not offer evidence against the defendant.Kellman, 54, who is in charge of operations at the airport, was charged last August and appeared before Senior Magistrate Leron Daly where he was not required to plead to the indictable charge.At that time, the police had stated that on July 30, 2018, at CJIA, Timehri, East Bank Demerara, he sexually assaulted a 34-year-old woman.The victim had alleged that she was hugged and kissed on her lips by the accused during a visit to his office during working hours.In her complaint to the police, the woman explained that she went to Kellman’s office to have an issue resolved. As she was leaving, he allegedly walked around his desk to hug her – an act she deemed “inappropriate” but as she pulled away, he allegedly kissed her on the lips.The victim further stated that as she headed towards the door, Kellman barred her from leaving and again allegedly kissed her.According to the woman, she left in shock and immediately reported the matter to the airport’s Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and the Human Resources Manager.After some time had elapsed with no word from management, she decided to make a formal report to the Timehri Police Station.The incident was quick to make headlines and without any hesitation, the woman’s security pass was revoked.The airport later confirmed that Kellman was being investigated for sexual misconduct and was sent on administrative leave pending its outcomeKellman was initially released on station bail. Meanwhile, after the conclusion of the investigations, a file was sent to the DPP, who recommended that charges be instituted against him.Now, the DECO is cleared of all the allegations made against him.
0Shares0000Saadi Kadhafi, son of former Libyan dictator Moamar Kadhafi, plays for Tripoli’s Al-Ittihad club against FC Barcelona in an April 2, 2003 match at Camp Nou in Spain © AFP/File / LLUIS GENETRIPOLI, Libya, Apr 4 – Tripoli’s court of appeals has acquitted Saadi Kadhafi, a son of former Libyan dictator Moamer Kadhafi, of murdering a football coach in 2005, a judicial source said Wednesday.The court’s criminal chamber acquitted Saadi Kadhafi on Tuesday of charges of “voluntary homicide”, the source said on condition of anonymity. The former ruler’s son was accused of murdering Bashir al-Rayani, a former footballer and coach of Tripoli’s Al-Ittihad football club, where Kadhafi played, in 2005.The judicial source added that the ministry of justice asked the supreme court Wednesday to submit an update on the other cases involving Kadhafi.Extradited from Niger on March 6, 2014, Kadhafi is also being tried, among others, for alleged involvement in the deadly crackdown on the revolt that toppled his father’s regime in 2011. The case has repeatedly been postponed.Rayani’s son, Ali, took to local media to denounce the court’s ruling, saying his family would appeal the decision “until justice is served”.“The case is clear. All the evidence and testimony confirm the responsibility of Saadi Kadhafi,” Ali al-Rayani told the 218News channel.“How is it possible that a criminal whose culpability is confirmed by concrete evidence can be acquitted… It’s impossible!” he said.“We could not get justice under his father’s regime, we will get it now, I’m confident!”Of Kadhafi’s seven sons, three died were killed during the uprising, as was their father.After playing with Libyan clubs, Saadi Kadhafi signed in 2003 with Italy’s Perugia club, whose management took him on at the request of then Italian president Silvio Berlusconi, who had close ties with the Libyan regime.But even though he was a part of the team, Saadi Kadhafi rarely stepped foot on the field, appearing only twice on the substitutes’ bench.He was suspended for three months in his second season with the team for doping.His greatest achievement was playing 15 minutes against Juventus in May 2004.In June 2005, he joined Udinese, with whom he played 11 minutes. The following year he joined Sampdoria of Genoa, where he played less than 10 minutes all season.0Shares0000(Visited 2 times, 1 visits today)
20 It’s all over for another season in the Premier League.Leicester City ran away with the title, leaving the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United and Manchester City nursing their damaged egos.But it really was a season of two halves for some, as the Blues, Sunderland and Swansea City will tell you.Taking only results from 2016, would there be any significant changes in league standings?Did Arsenal’s form take a noticeable dive? Were Manchester United really top four contenders? Should Alan Pardew consider himself fortune to have a new long-term deal on its way?Check out the calendar year table by viewing the slideshow above. 17. Watford (16 points from 19 games, goal difference -14) – The Hornets won four, drew four and lost 11, scoring 16 and conceding 30 2. Southampton (39 points from 19 games, goal difference +15) – The Saints won 12, drew three and lost four, scoring 33 and conceding 18 14. Everton (21 points from 19 games, goal difference -3) – The Toffees won five, drew six and lost eight, scoring 24 and lost 27 20 20 20 8. Manchester City (30 points from 19 games, goal difference +13) – The Citizens won eight, drew six and lost five, scoring 34 and conceding 21 20 20 20. Aston Villa (nine points from 19 games, goal difference -30) – see where YOUR club would have finished based on league results in 2016 ONLY by clicking the arrow above, right – The Villans won two, drew three and lost 14, scoring 12 and conceding 42 15. Newcastle United (20 points from 19 games, goal difference -6) – The Magpies won five, drew four and lost nine, scoring 25 and conceding 31 10. Swansea City (28 points from 19 games, goal difference -2) – The Swans won eight, drew four and lost seven, scoring 26 and conceding 28 3. Manchester United (36 points from 19 games, goal difference +8) – The Red Devils won 11, drew three and lost five, scoring 27 and conceding 19 7. Liverpool (30 points from 19 games, goal difference +13) – The Reds won eight, drew six and lost five, scoring 41 and conceding 28 13. Stoke City (22 points from 19 games, goal difference -15) – The Potters won six, drew four and lost nine, scoring 21 and conceding 36 20 20 20 20 20 19. Crystal Palace (11 points from 19 games, goal difference -19) – The Eagles won two, drew five and lost 12, scoring 16 and conceding 35 12. Bournemouth (22 points from 19 games, goal difference -10) – The Cherries won six, drew four and lost eight, scoring 22 and conceding 30 20 16. West Bromwich Albion (20 points from 19 games, goal difference -8) – The Baggies won four, drew eight and lost seven, scoring 16 and conceding 24 20 20 6. Arsenal (32 points from 19 games, goal difference +14) – The Gunners won eight, drew eight and lost three, scoring 32 and conceding 18 20 20 1. Leicester City (42 points from 19 games, goal difference +20) – The Foxes won 12, drew six and lost one, scoring 31 and conceding 11 5. West Ham United (33 points from 19 games, goal difference +9) – The Hammers won nine, drew six and lost four, scoring 37 and conceding 28 20 18. Norwich City (14 points from 19 games, goal difference -18) – The Canaries won four, drew two and lost 13, scoring 17 and conceding 35 20 11. Sunderland (27 points from 19 games, goal difference +5) – The Black Cats won six, drew nine and lost four, scoring 29 and conceding 24 9. Chelsea (30 points from 19 games, goal difference +12) – The Blues won seven, drew nine and lost three, scoring 36 and conceding 24 4. Tottenham Hotspur (35 points from 19 games, goal difference +16) – Spurs won 10, drew five and lost four, scoring 36 and conceding 20 20 20
City Administrative Officer Bill Fujioka, who works with the Mayor’s Office in preparing the budget, said health care costs are a national issue. “This is something that has been building for some time,” Fujioka said. “We are looking for the best deals we can get with health maintenance organizations and preferred provider options, but the medical and health costs have been going up faster than we can keep up.” Assistant Personnel Director Tom Coultas said the city has had some success in reducing its costs. “We’ve been able to hold our costs below the national average, which is a good thing,” Coultas said. “And the mayor points out some areas that we will continue to explore. “The city is not exempt from the issues that are affecting government and companies across the nation that everyone is familiar with. From an aging work force to changes in medical technology, the costs are higher for everyone. It’s something we need to constantly look at.” Jack Kyser, chief economist for the Los Angeles Economic Development Corp, agreed and cited little signs of immediate improvement. “No one is immune from the higher costs,” Kyser said. “The city is feeling the same type of pain that everyone else is. “The problem is no relief is in sight. They aren’t discussing it in Sacramento, and given the nature of what’s going on in Washington, D.C., I’m afraid there will only be gridlock there through the election – which means nothing will get done this year.” Rick Orlov, (213) 978-0390 firstname.lastname@example.org 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! Health care costs for Los Angeles workers soared $20 million last year, Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa said Wednesday as he called for a review of all health plans and renewed efforts to control prescription-drug costs and improve employees’ health. The spiraling costs mirror a nationwide trend and come as the mayor prepares next year’s city budget. He has been advising department heads – as well as city unions – that he plans to be tough to cover a projected $245 million shortfall. “City personnel health benefit costs increased $20 million in 2005, continuing a trend of the past several years,” Villaraigosa said in a letter to city Personnel Director Margaret Whelan asking for cost-cutting options. “Costs are expected to continue to rise at several times the rate of inflation and several times the rate of growth in city revenues.” AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MORESanta Anita opens winter meet Saturday with loaded card The city provides health benefits for about 40,000 workers. Officials said health care costs rose 7.2 percent last year while city revenues increased 9 percent. The letter was released by Villaraigosa’s office while he was addressing the U.S. Conference of Mayors in Washington, D.C. In it, Villaraigosa said he wants information on efforts to reduce costs, including better management of the city’s health plans, cost controls of prescription drugs and hospital services, and developing programs for workers to reduce obesity and stop smoking. Villaraigosa also said the city should consider joining with business groups, the state or other local government agencies to seek better, cheaper health plans. Councilman Dennis Zine, who chairs the council’s Personnel Committee, said he welcomed the mayor’s proposals. “We have been doing as much as we can, but we need the mayor to take the lead,” Zine said. “The council has been trying to get a drug prescription program through to reduce costs, and we have been working with employees to improve their health and reduce the demands for health care.”
The Christmas Hamper on Sunday the 25th of November was cancelled as the course was closed due to a heavy frost. It will now be played for on Sunday the 16th of December.The Christmas Mini Hamper will be played for on Saturday the 8th of December, the day of the Dinner Dance.There will be a regular club competition on Sunday the 2nd and also on Sunday the 9th of December. The 2012 Club Singles matchplay final will be contested by Seamus Connor & Peter Smyth.The 2012 Doubles matchplay final will be contested by Michael McBride/Joe McHugh & Denis Boyce/Michael Boyce on Saturday the 8th of December.The Club Captain Mr Edward McGroddy will have his day/night away on Saturday the 1st of December.Golf and breakfast at Donegal G.C (Murvagh) and then dinner, bed & breakfast in the Allingham Arms Hotel in Bundoran. The total cost is 110e per person to include prizes.The annual Rosapenna Golf Club Dinner Dance will take place in the Golf Pavilion on Saturday the 8th of December. The tickets are priced at 35e each and are available in the Pavilion Golf Shop and from any of the golf club committee members.The Rosapenna Golf Club gents AGM will take place in the Golf Pavilion on Friday the 7th of December at 8.30pm sharp.PGA Professional Noel Callan is available for lessons at the Rosapenna Practice Ground by appointment, all enquires can be made by contacting Noel directly on 0044-7789-157654. GOLF NEWS: ROSAPENNA GOLF CLUB NEWS was last modified: November 26th, 2012 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:ROSAPENNA GOLF CLUB NEWS
RORY Kavanagh has returned to the starting line-up for Sunday’s Ulster SFC Final clash with Monaghan in Clones.The St Eunan’s man has been named in the half-forward line as Martin McElhinney is chosen to partner Christy Toye in midfield. Neil Gallagher and Karl Lacey have been named on the bench. However Jim McGuinness current line-up may well change before the 4pm throw-in. RORY RETURNS FOR DONEGAL BUT KARL ON THE BENCH was last modified: July 18th, 2014 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:donegalkarl laceyLine-upMonaghanRory Kavanagh
Donegal’s ability of front of goal propelled them through to the Ulster Under 21 Final tonight when they brushed aside Monaghan on a scoreline of 4-9 to 1-5.Maxi Curran’s charges were accurate in front of goal tonight.There may have been floodlight failure at Healy Park in Omagh which led to a delay in this semi-final game.But it was ultimately four bright moments which saw Maxi Curran’s side see off Monaghan to book a place against Tyrone in the final. In difficult conditions for football, Donegal got the job done in a comfortable fashion compared to the last-gasp goal they needed from Ryan McHugh to beat Cavan at the quarter-final stage.Played in heavy underfoot conditions, goals from Jack O’Brien and Lorcan Connor saw Donegal go in 2-5 to 0-2 at the break with two late goals in the opening period.Monaghan grabbed a quick second-half goal thanks to Kevin Loughran.But Donegal took control again when Ciaran Thompson netted their third goal. Lorcan Connor hit his second goal and Donegal’s fourth of the night and that sealed a resounding 13-point success.Donegal scorers: Lorcan Connor 2-0, Ciaran Thompson 1-2, Jack O’Brien 1-0, Hugh McFadden 0-2 (0-1f), Eoin McHugh (0-1f), Dara McDaid, Willie Gillespie, Eamonn McGrath, Darach O’Connor – all one point each.GOALS SEE DONEGAL U21s REACH ANOTHER ULSTER FINAL was last modified: April 1st, 2015 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:donegalMaxi CurranUlster Final
CLICK HERE if you are having a problem viewing the photos on a mobile deviceSANTA CLARA — Garry Gilliam’s release Wednesday means the 49ers are on the hunt for a new offensive tackle with starter potential but one who initially will back up starters Joe Staley and Mike McGlinchey.Staley, in his 12th season, and McGlinchey, last year’s top draft pick, started every game and were the team’s most reliable offensive players during the 4-12 season.Gilliam, 28, served as their rarely used backup. …
Cruz Montana, one of the most successful quarterbacks in the history of Eureka High football and the only to lead the program to a state playoff game, signed a letter of commitment to play football at Lewis and Clark College in Portland, Ore., during a ceremony at his home in Eureka, Friday afternoon.“I’m really excited to be a part of the culture and team at Lewis and Clark,” Montana said of his decision. “I visited a lot of schools, some that had more wins and success than (Lewis and Clark) …